Updated: Jan 24, 2022
After watching different reviews of Qatar Airways QSuite, I wanted to try it. As of 2020, Qatar Airways has been the number one airlines and their business class is one of the finest in the sky. QSuite has a format of 1-2-1 with fully enclosed seats, a similar to British Airways.
Route: New York (JFK) – Doha
Flight Number: QR704
Flight time: 12:30mins
Here is my review on Qatar Airways Qsuite:
1) Qatar Airways operates from Terminal 8 (American Airlines), unfortunately due to the pandemic all the Qatar Airways lounges are closed until further notice. Therefore, didn't get to try that.
An aerial view of Long Island beach and vicinity during take off from JFK international airport
2) The Qatar Airways QSuite on A350-900 was impressive, spacious and heaven in the sky. I would say the seat is spacious than my studio apartment in New York.
3) According to SeatGuru, rear face seats have more privacy than the window facing but I didn't see much difference on that.
4) The Qatar amenities kit is almost similar to Emirates Business. Earplugs, eye-mask, moisturizer and lip-balm all provided by Brigs. Essentials for a long flight in the air conditioning. During the pandemic, there is a hand sanitizer, gloves and a face mask.
5) Adjustable arm rest and complimentary water bottle.
6) Legroom is amazing. As an average height (5' 7) person it was ok, but for tall people at certain extent it might feel like a leg coffin. This is still better than Swiss Air Lines Business class legroom.
7) Ergonomics of power, plugs and controls is better than most business class seats. Reliable, accessible and easy access.
8) An extra under storage for books, headphones and others.
9) Controls are well lit so no confusion on that and there is a DND (Do not Disturb) button, in that case no flight attendant will disturb you. Also, great way of working at night time with enough reading light.
9) The reading light is well protected so less risk of the neighbors getting disturbed.
10) White Company Pajamas and slippers are offered onboard and very comfortable.
11) The Qatar Airways restrooms during flight are well managed. There’s an enough amount of light and different accessories provided (Shaving Kit, Dental Kit, etc). Lotions and fragrances are also provided in the restrooms.
12) The 21.5 inch entertainment screen is huge and the touch screen is super responsive. Comparison to Emirates, Turkish, Swiss; the screen beats all of them.
13) There is a wide range of beverage list at Qatar Airways. A great selection of white and red wines and hard liquor are available. There is a good option of non alcoholic beverages too.
14) There is a good variety of dining options, appetizer, dinner, light snacks and breakfast. This beats every other airlines business class or if compared very closely it comes to neck to neck with Emirates. PS: I would surely recommend the mezze from the appetizer sections. This was phenomenal.
15) Cherry on the top is the WIFI service. For the entire flight WIFI service can be bought for $10 and it is high speed service allowed me to work very smoothly. In fact, I was able to do a Live Instagram and Facebook feed.
16) A very attentive staff, smallest details were taken care off.
17) Since, Qatar Airways is a One World Alliance member so points can be earned on American Airlines AAdvantage.
To earn QPoints visit the Qatar Airways site.
18) I had a connecting flight and the security check was quick and smooth. Once again, it comes just above Dubai, Istanbul and Abu Dhabi International Airport connection.
My stopover was only 2 hours and not enough time to experience the Maha Lounge or visit the duty free shops.
Overall, the flight was amazing, QSuite was worth the money for a long flight from JFK to Doha. Would fly again with Qatar Airways soon.